Side Delights™ Gourmet Petite Potatoes Chinese Five Spice Chicken & Potato Bowl
- 1.5 lbs. (1 bag) of any variety Side Delights™ Gourmet Petite Potatoes, cut into 1” slices
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 lb. chicken breasts, thinly sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- ½ tsp. Chinese Five Spice seasoning (mixture of anise, cloves, cinnamon, Sichuan pepper and fennel seeds – commonly available in the spice aisle)
- ½ head Chinese leaf lettuce, shredded
- 1 Tbsp. white wine vinegar
Boil potatoes in a large covered saucepan with potatoes covered with water by 2". Bring to a boil over high heat; reduce heat to simmer and cook until fork tender. Drain and set aside.
Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add chicken and pepper; cook until browned and no longer pink in the middle, about 7 minutes. Add reserved potatoes and seasoning to skillet; cook 2 to 3 minutes stirring frequently.
Combine the lettuce and vinegar in a large serving bowl; toss well. Add cooled chicken and potato mixture.
Calories: 345 | Fat: 10g | Cholesterol: 64mg | Sodium: 142mg | Carbohydrates: 38g | Fiber: 6g | Protein: 26g | Potassium: 1365mg
Recipe courtesy of US Potato Board.