Side Delights™ Gourmet Petite Potatoes Fiesta Potato Smashers
- 5 Side Delights™ Gourmet Petite Pure Gold potatoes
- 5 Side Delights™ Gourmet Petite Real Red potatoes
- 1 pt. sweet mini peppers (red, orange and yellow)
- 8 sprigs cilantro, picked from stems
- 4 Tbsp. of fat-free sour cream or fat-free Greek yogurt (optional)
- Cooking spray
- Salt, chili powder and freshly ground pepper to taste
Place whole potatoes into microwave-safe covered dish (do not poke).
Microwave on HIGH for 3 to 4 minutes.
While potatoes are cooking, cut mini peppers into small ¼" slices. Spray a nonstick sauté pan with cooking spray and heat to medium. Add peppers and sauté until they start to brown. Remove from pan and set aside.
Remove potatoes from microwave and using a layer of paper towels covering each potato, smash it on a cutting board until 1 ¾" thick. Helpful tip: Use the side of a coffee cup or flat cooking utensil to smash the potatoes.
Respray same sauté pan with cooking spray, heat on high and add smashed potatoes. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes until potatoes start to brown.
On a plate, place potatoes and layer with sour cream or yogurt (optional), peppers and cilantro. Dust with salt, chili powder and pepper to taste. Serve warm.
Calories: 50 | Sodium: 350mg | Vitamin C: 0.7% | Fiber: 1g | Protein: 1g | Potassium: 293mg
Recipe courtesy of US Potato Board.