DO NOT remove or poke holes in the foil. DO NOT microwave.
- Place on the grill rack over a medium flame for 45-60 minutes.
- Turn every 10-15 minutes.
To Bake in Conventional Oven:
Russet Potatoes: Place on the oven rack and bake at 375° for 60-75 minutes.
Sweet Potatoes: Place on the oven rack and bake at 400° for 45-60 minutes.
- Potatoes are done if they give easily when gently squeezed with an oven mitt. Cooking time may vary.
- Remove the foil wrap*
- Cut a slit lengthwise in the potato, gently fluff or mash the flesh with a fork, add your favorite toppings and enjoy!
Try these quick and healthy toppings for a delicious new way to enjoy grilled russet potatoes:
- Salsa, reduced-fat sour cream and Monterey Jack cheese
- Pesto and chopped plum tomatoes
- Low-fat ranch dressing and chopped scallions
- Broccoli florets, non-fat plain yogurt, reduced fat cheddar cheese, and chives
- Turkey pepperoni, pasta sauce, Italian blend shredded cheese, minced green pepper, and chopped green onion
- Chopped tomato, chopped black olives, oregano, and crumbled feta cheese lightly tossed in red wine vinegar and extra virgin olive oil
Try these tasty toppings for a new way to enjoy grilled sweet potatoes:
- Brown sugar, butter, nutmeg, and chopped apples or applesauce
- Light sour cream, marshmallow crème, coconut flakes, crushed pineapple, and chopped dried apricots
- Tropical fruit salsa
- Honey and chopped pecans or walnuts
- Low fat yogurt and cinnamon
- Maple syrup
- Olive oil, garlic and thyme, sage or rosemary
- Sharp cheddar cheese, salsa, cilantro, chili powder, and fresh lime juice
*CAUTION: Potatoes will be HOT! Handle and remove the foil with care. Do not refrigerate before cooking. Store in a cool, dark place.