Simply Spuds™ Steamables™ Fingerlings with Wild Mushroom Sauce
- 1 bag (1.5 lbs.) of Simply Spuds™ Steamables™ Fingerling Potatoes
- 2 cups sliced fresh mixed wild mushrooms (such as portabella, crimini or shitake)
- 1/2 cup crème fraiche or heavy cream
- 1/4 cup chopped dried mixed wild mushrooms
- 2 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 3/4 tsp. herbs de Provence
- Freshly ground black pepper (to taste)
- Chopped fresh thyme
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 large shallot, thinly sliced
- 1 cup chicken broth
Microwave Simply Spuds™ Steamables™ in their bag according to directions. Use caution when removing the bag from the microwave; package will be HOT! Carefully cut the bag open and pour the potatoes into a serving bowl.
Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Stir in fresh mushrooms, garlic and shallot; cook for 10 minutes.
Add the chicken broth, dried mushrooms, mustard and herbs. Cook over high heat for five minutes or until most of the broth has cooked off.
Stir in crème fraiche and cook for 5 more minutes.
Pour sauce over fingerling potatoes and season with pepper and fresh thyme.
Serve and enjoy!
Recipe courtesy of US Potato Board